The annual July 4th Tempe Town Lake Festival is canceled for 2021, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t celebrate Independence Day here in the Phoenix area. There are a couple of July 4th events in metro Phoenix where you can enjoy fireworks and festivities or, you can check out the many summertime happenings in Tempe that are just as entertaining!
July 4th Events
4th of July Pool Party at Alibi Tempe
108 E. University Dr., Tempe, AZ 85281 | (602) 612-7872
Alibi Tempe at Canopy by Hilton Tempe Downtown presents a 4th of July pool party starting on July 2nd through July 4th from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Live DJs spinning
Friday | 6 p.m.-10 p.m.
Saturday | 12 p.m. – 4 p.m. & 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Sunday | 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Saturday + Sunday food specials from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Drink specials all day
Subaru presents Scottsdale’s 8th Annual 4th of July Celebration
16601 N. Pima Rd., Scottsdale, AZ 85260 | (480) 656-9940
Subaru presents Scottsdale’s 8th annual 4th of July Celebration at WestWorld of Scottsdale brings live entertainment and fun for the whole family! Plus, there will be twice the fireworks in 2021 and it will be the largest celebration in Scottsdale’s history!
Gates open: 5:00 p.m. for VIP, 6:30 p.m. for Polo and GA Fireworks 9:00 p.m.
Peoria’s All-American Festival
Peoria Sports Complex | 16101 N. 83rd Ave., Peoria, AZ 85382
Peoria’s All-American Festival brings the largest Independence Day fireworks show to the Valley on Sunday, July 4th. Enjoy live music by supergroup Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers, family-friendly entertainment, food, music, and a spectacular fireworks display from 5 p.m.-10 p.m.!
- FREE General Admission to the event and all activities
- VIP Experiences available
- Live Music by Rob West and Micky and the Motorcars with headliners Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers
- Food and Beer Concessions
- Fireworks Display at approximately 9:15 p.m. (weather permitting)
Arizona Celebration of Freedom – Saturday, July 3
Fiesta Mall | 1425 W. Southern Avenue, Mesa, AZ 85202
The Arizona Celebration of Freedom is a drive-in firework show event that will be hosted on July 3, 2021, in Mesa, Arizona. Space is limited to 1,500 vehicles and lots will open at 7 p.m. Visit the event website for additional details.
July 4th Fireworks Spectacular
Tumbleweed Park | 2250 S. McQueen Road, Chandler, AZ 85286
Chandler celebrates Independence Day with a “drive-in” style July 4th Fireworks Spectacular, at sprawling Tumbleweed Park. Please note, personal fireworks and sparklets are prohibited in the park and all surrounding parking lots. Parking will be $5.
Gilbert 4th of July Celebration
Gilbert Regional Park | 3005 E. Queen Creek Road, Gilbert, AZ 85298
This free event kicks off at 5:30 p.m. at Gilbert Regional Park. Enjoy live music, food trucks and fireworks until 9:15 p.m.
- Access to splash pad, playground and sports courts
- A variety of food trucks
- A DJ will provide music from 5:30 PM to 7 PM
- Live entertainment will be provided by GARTH LIVE from 7:15 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.. weather permitting
Don’t feel like attending an event, but still want to get a great view of the fireworks? Tempe has several great viewing areas:
Make a reservation at one of these Tempe hotels with a rooftop pool with a view.
- AC Hotel by Marriott Phoenix Tempe/Downtown – 100 E. Rio Salado Pkwy., Tempe, AZ 85281 | (480) 642-6140
- Hyatt Place/ Hyatt House Tempe / Phoenix / University– 601 E 6th St, Tempe, AZ 85281 | (480) 207-1578
- Tempe Mission Palms Hotel and Conference Center – 60 E. 5th St., Tempe, AZ 85281 | (480) 894-1400
- Residence Inn by Marriott Tempe Downtown/University -510 S. Forest Ave., Tempe, AZ 85281 | (480) 967-2300
- Canopy by Hilton Tempe Downtown – 108 E. University Dr., Tempe, AZ 85281 | (480) 968-6800
- Westin Tempe – 11 E. 7th St., Tempe, AZ 85281 | (480) 968-8885
RESTAURANTS WITH GREAT VIEWS
PEDESTRIAN BRIDGES IN DOWNTOWN TEMPE
- University Bridge, also known as the Palm Walk Overpass, on the Arizona State University Tempe Campus.
- Mill Avenue bridges over Tempe Town Lake
- Elmore Pedestrian Bridge – Located near Tempe Center for the Arts on the west end of the lake.
*For more information on bridges of Tempe Town Lake, visit the City of Tempe website.
Things To Do
Make the most out of your July 4th weekend and check out Tempe’s wide array of activities and things to do that will keep the whole family entertained!
- Indoor activities in Tempe to stay cool this summer – Stay cool this July 4th by participating in indoor activities that offer tons of fun for the whole family, with a bonus of amazing air conditioning!
- Tempe splash pads and water parks – What makes the 4th of July in Tempe just a little bit better? Water! Splash your way through Tempe at nearby splash pads, water parks and pools.
- Frozen treats and refreshing summer drinks, oh my! Beat the heat with cool and delicious frozen concoctions and delights while watching the fireworks show.
Cruise the Zoo at The Phoenix Zoo
455 N. Galvin Pkwy., Phoenix, AZ 85008 | (602) 286-3800
Cruise the Zoo is the perfect activity to do with your loved ones and family, from the safety and comfort of your own vehicle (not to mention a COOL summertime activity!) Celebrate the 4th of July as you Cruise the Zoo past zebras, flamingos, baboons, mandrills, giraffes, rhinos and much, much more! Cruise the Zoo is happening every Sunday, Monday and Tuesday from June 6 – August 10, 2021. The Zoo will be CLOSED to FOOT TRAFFIC during Cruise the Zoo hours.
*Please note: Tickets, including food, beverage, souvenirs and photos, must be pre-purchased online. All tickets are date and time-specific. Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before the time listed on your ticket. Phoenix Zoo Members: $50 per vehicle. General Public: $65 per vehicle.
Park After Dark in Downtown Tempe
6th Street Park – 24 E. 6th Street, Tempe, AZ 85281
Enjoy Park After Dark every Saturday through September 11th at 6th Street Park in Downtown Tempe for live music, outdoor activities each week, and good times for the entire family to enjoy.
Flashlight Nights at Desert Botanical Garden
1201 N. Galvin Pkwy., Phoenix, AZ 85008
Flashlight Nights are nighttime self-guided adventures through Desert Botanical Garden every Saturday through September 4th. Nocturnal explorers can bring their own flashlights to shine along the trails at Desert Botanical Garden to capture the night-blooming plants and animals that appear in the desert after dark.