The marvel that is Tempe Town Lake is celebrating its 20th birthday this year and the City of Tempe is celebrating in a special way!
Join in on the celebration as we reminisce the past 20 years, explore where we are now, and look to the next 20. And of course, the City of Tempe has got a pretty big birthday party planned.
The Tempe City Council-approved Rio Salado and Beach Park Master Plan provides a blueprint for the future of this Tempe treasure. This November, we’re bringing that vision to life in a big way. Six zones. Dozens of free activities. Water taxis on the lake. And the entire community is invited.
Tempe Town Lake North
- Adventure Zone: Zip line, rock wall, pump track
- Athletic Zone: ASU volleyball tournament, recreation classes, fishing
- Marina: Stand up paddleboarding, kayaking, rowing demos, yoga classes, boathouse preview, dragon boat rides, sailing tours
Tempe Town Lake South
- Arts & Eco Zone: Gallery at the TCA, public art displays, bird-watching, NASA cloud viewing, water talks, Tai Chi classes
- Entertainment Zone: Live music all day at Beach Park, food trucks, city and sponsor booths, Walking Mill Avenue music exhibit
- Riviera: Boardwalk experience with mini Sixth Street Market, funky games, cool exhibits, zumba classes
Start Time: 11:00 am
End Time: 4:00 pm